Click the icons to reveal more information about each program. Click again to hide it.
- Single with adjusted gross income equal to or less than $20,000; or Married or head of NH household with adjusted gross income less than or equal to $40,000
- Own a homestead that must pay the State Education Property Tax
- Has resided in that homestead on April 1 of the year for which the claim is made
Applications for the Low and Moderate Income Homeowners Property Tax Relief are accepted only during the statutory filing period — after May 1, but no later than June 30. The law allows 120 days for processing from the date of receipt of your completed application.
- 2020 federal income tax return
- Complete 2020 property tax bill indicating assessed value (this is the tax bill mailed to you between October and December of 2020 in most cases)
- Copy of your trust document if property is held by a trust and any required explanatory statements
Where to Get Help Near You
Find a partner organization who can help you apply for property tax relief.
The River Center
Peterborough, NH 03458