Homeowners and renters are missing out on millions of dollars in tax relief. Use the resources below to learn more.
Nevada Program Overview
Property Tax-Aide features the Low Tax Cap, the only widely available property tax relief program for homeowners in Nevada. There is no program specifically for older residents in the state.
Low Tax Cap (Tax Limitation by Abatement)
Nevada also offers property tax exemptions to persons meeting certain requirements such as veterans, disabled veterans, blind persons and surviving spouses. These exemptions can be applied to real property, personal property, or used to exempt all or part of vehicle privilege tax.
- A recorded owner resides at the property, whether or not the owner lives there full-time AND
- The owner does not claim another property in Nevada as their primary residence AND
- The owner does not rent or lease the property out on a nightly, weekly, monthly or other short- or long-term basis (roommates that occupy the home simultaneously with the owner are an exception).
- June 15
- Each year local county assessors will directly mail a card, form, or affidavit to the owners of residential property. The notice must be returned by June each year.
- Some counties allow residents to apply online.
- Completed Property Tax Claim Form
For questions about this program or to how access the application, please consult your county assessor. Locate your assessor from the Nevada Assessors Directory
The State of Nevada Department of Taxation publishes the maximum rental limits each year and can be found on their website at http://tax.nv.gov/LocalGovt/PolicyPub/Archivefiles/FairMarketRents/
Your state accepts digital and mailed applications
Property Tax-Aide has independently selected the property tax relief programs featured on this website that we think are the most relevant and beneficial to older adults. It is not an exhaustive list of all property tax relief programs available in each state. Please consult your local tax agency for a comprehensive listing of property tax relief programs in your area.