Homeowners and renters may be missing out on millions of dollars in tax relief. AARP Foundation Property Tax-Aide is a free program that helps eligible homeowners and renters apply for property tax relief.
Nebraska Program Overview
We’re sorry, we’re unable to provide assistance at this time. Keep reading to learn more about eligibility requirements and deadlines for property tax refunds and credits in your state. You can find more resources here.
The Nebraska Homestead Exemption provides relief from property taxes for certain individuals by exempting all or a portion of the valuation of a home from taxation.
- Persons over age 65
- Veterans totally disabled by a non-service-connected accident or illness
- Qualified disabled individuals
- Qualified totally disabled veterans and their widow(er)s
- Veterans whose home was substantially contributed to by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) and their widow(er)s
- Individuals who have a developmental disability
The annual filing period for Homestead Exemption applications is February 2 through June 30.
- Form 458, Nebraska Homestead Exemption Application (2021 form not available until February 2, 2021)
- Form 458, Schedule I - Income Statement and Instructions (2021 form not available until February 2, 2021)
- Form 458B, Certification of Disability for Homestead Exemption, is not available online. Please contact your county assessor for Form 458B.
Would you like to see programs in a different state?