Click the icons to reveal more information about each program. Click again to hide it.
Property Tax Refund Credit (140PTC)
You may eligible if:
- Residency: You were a resident of Arizona for the whole year (January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020)
- Age: You were either 65 or older by December 31, 2020, or if you were under age 65, you were receiving Title 16 Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments during 2020 (you must meet only one of these requirements)
- Household Income: Your total household income was less than $3,751 if you lived alone. If others lived with you, your total household income was less than $5,501.
- Property Taxes: You paid property taxes or rent on your main home in Arizona during 2020. You may also have paid both property taxes and rent for the whole year of 2020. If you only paid rent during 2020, you must have rented for the whole year.
You may also meet the property taxes requirement if one of the following applies:
- You were a resident of a nursing home in Arizona
- The nursing home was subject to and paid property taxes
- You used your Social Security or other personal funds to pay the nursing home
- You were a shareholder of a cooperative corporation in Arizona
Form 140PTC is due by April 15, 2021. File your claim as soon as you can after January 1, but no later than April 15, 2021. The state will disallow your credit if you do not file by April 15, 2021. If you know you will not be able to file on time, you may ask for an extension. The state can grant an extension for up to six months.
A copy of a statement showing the property taxes you paid in 2020. This statement may be one of the following:
- A copy of your property tax statement from your mortgage company
- A copy of your paid receipt from the county treasurer
- Your property tax bill with copies of both the fronts and backs of your canceled checks that were cashed in 2020
Renters and Nursing Home Residents
A completed Arizona Form 201, Renter's Certificate of Property Taxes Paid
Homeowners and Renters
Statement from the Social Security Administration (SSA) if you are a Title 16 Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient
This statement must show all of the following:
- Your name and address
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- The payments you received or are due to receive are Title 16 SSI payments
- The period for which you received or are due to receive Title 16 SSI payment
- The date the SSA issued the statement
Where to Get Help Near You
Find a partner organization who can help you apply for property tax relief.
Phoenix, AZ 85079-7601